- You will receive exactly this Garnet Point - 47mm x 37mm x 32mm / 1 7/8 x 1 7/16 x 1 1/4 Inches; 115g / 4.1 oz / 575 Carat (see photo, the photos are taken under bright light, stand not included)!
- Garnet are found throughout the world in metamorphic, igneous, and sedimentary rocks. Most garnet found near Earth's surface forms when a sedimentary rock with a high aluminum content, such as shale, is subjected to heat and pressure intense enough to produce schist or gneiss. Garnet is also found in the rocks of contact metamorphism, subsurface magma chambers, lava flows, deep-source volcanic eruptions, and the soils and sediments formed when garnet-bearing rocks are weathered and eroded.
- Garnet is not a single mineral, but a group contains closely related, isomorphous minerals that form a series with each other. The Garnet members form intermediary minerals between each member, and may even intergrow within a single crystal. The Garnets vary only slightly in physical properties, and some of the members may be so similar that they are indistinguishable from one another without x-ray analysis.
- Chemical Formula: Fe2+3Al2Si3O12; Color: Red, brown, black, green, yellow, orange, pink, white, and colorless. (Garnets come in all colors with the exception of bluish shades.); Hardness: 7-7.5;
- (The above information is provided solely for informational purpose. Kindly note that all stones are offered for decorative purposes only. Please, handle your stones with great care, do not grind or crumble them, do not dip or add them into your food or drink, do not use any parts of them in any elixirs, potions, lotions etc. Always make sure you wash your hands before and after working with your crystals.)
Details: All our minerals and crystals are carefully measured with digital measuring instruments that provide the high accuracy of numbers/values!